1. General provisions
Comdata Albania (hereinafter “Comdata” or “we”), accessible from https://comdata.al, bear responsibility under data protection law for your personal data that we process in connection with your application. We respect your privacy and your privacy rights. It is a major concern for us that your personal data is treated in a responsible manner and in compliance with legal requirements.
This Privacy Statement applies to all persons applying for a position at Comdata. It describes how your personal data (“Application Data”) is processed in connection with your application and application management.
3. Collection of Application Data
Usually, we collect Application Data from you directly (e.g., documents you submit, such as CVs and certificates, and information you disclose during conversations or assessments). However, we may also receive data from third parties (e.g., information from your references).
By entering into Comdata's application system, you consent to submit your personal data (application documents and additional information obtained during the process). Comdata will treat your particulars confidentially. Your data will be made available to employees involved in the application process and play a central role in the decision-making process. Further, you consent to Comdata contacting you as part of its HR marketing activities (to communicate suitable vacancies and job-relevant information). Your data will be used within Comdata to search for suitable applicants for open positions. Under no circumstances will it be passed on to third parties outside Comdata. Only Comdata employees involved in the recruitment process can access your data.
4. Application Data processed
We process the following categories of Application Data for the purposes referred to in section 5:
- Contact and identifying data such as surname, first name, title, address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- Personal data such as gender, date and place of birth, nationality, residence status, work permit, marital status, language, family data, hobbies or interests.
- -professional background, education and training, such as professional qualifications, certifications and experience, previous employers and their contact details, reference persons and their contact details.
- Data on remuneration and benefits such as salary level and amount, bonuses, shares, stock options, insurance and other benefits.
- Electronic identification data such as profile pictures, publicly accessible profiles on social media (e.g., LinkedIn, your own website, etc.);
- Additional data related to your position such as external mandates (e.g., BoD mandates), political offices, criminal records or debt collection register extracts may be required, depending on the job profile. If so, you will receive further information during the application process.
- User account information: Username (login name), password and e-mail address;
- Interaction and usage data: Correspondence, recorded voice messages, date and time of a telephone call, date and time of your access of the Job Portal, IP address of the end device used, type of end device used, operating system used (e.g. Microsoft Windows plus version).
- You may want or need to provide us with the personal data of third parties, e.g. information about references, the name of a colleague who alerted you to a vacancy announcement. Please note that when disclosing data about references, you are obligated to inform them about the disclosure of their personal data to Comdata and to ensure the accuracy of the relevant data.
5. Purposes of our processing of Application Data
In assessing your suitability for employment, your Application Data will be processed for the following purposes:
- Review of your application:
a) verifying your identity and your academic achievements or qualifications;
b) carrying out evaluations, tests or assessments appropriate to the vacancy in question;
- Communications in the context of job interviews and application management (personal, telephone or electronic);
- Pre-contractual negotiations, possible conclusion of an employment agreement;
- Provision of a referral bonus: If you indicate the name of a Comdata staff member in your application who alerted you to the vacancy announcement, that staff member will receive information regarding your application status in connection with the bonus he or she is entitled to (candidate rejected or offer made);
- Quality assurance and improvement of applicant management through statistical analysis of your Application Data in anonymised, aggregated form (e.g. gender and language, duration of the application process) as well as evaluation of the survey concerning the application process you have completed;
- Combating misuse: This includes, in particular, analyses for the detection, prevention and elimination of misuse of the Job Portal;
- Compliance with legal requirements and assertion of legal claims: This includes, in particular, compliance with the applicable laws and provisions, response to requests by the competent courts and authorities, and the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
6. Categories of data recipients
We may disclose or make your Application Data (section 4) available to recipients both within and outside Comdata if this is necessary for the purposes referenced above (section 5) (“need-to-know” principle). In particular, these recipients will be persons belonging to the following categories:
- HR recruitment staff: based on their position, for performing the purposes set out in section 5;
- Future line managers and possibly your potential future team colleagues: as part of the application process in order to select the candidate who represents the best “fit”;
- Former employers or references: if we obtain information from them with your consent.
- Comdata staff member who alerted you to the vacancy announcement: in connection with the staff member’s referral, that staff member will receive information regarding your application status (candidate rejected or offer made);
- Service providers within Albania or abroad: for the provision of services, such as operational, maintenance and support services. In the context of their performance of services, they may also process or access your Application Data.
- Third parties in the performance of legal obligations, if deemed necessary or appropriate in order to comply with, or verify compliance with, applicable laws and regulations and to respond to enquiries from competent authorities.
- Group companies within the Comdata Group in connection with your application and application management.
7. Cookies and third-party cookies
7.1 What are cookies and why are they used?
The website uses so-called cookies. These are small files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit or use the website. Cookies save certain settings via your browser as well as data about sharing with the website via your browser. When a cookie is activated, a cookie ID is assigned that is used to identify your browser and to use the information collected in the cookie.
The temporary cookies used on the website are automatically deleted from your computer or mobile end device after your browser session has been ended. They are used to enable various functions of the website and to make your navigation easier.
In addition, permanent cookies are also used. Depending on the type of cookie, these remain stored on your computer or mobile end device for a longer period and are automatically deactivated at the end of the programmed time period. No cookies are used for advertising purposes.
7.2 Which data is captured?
Cookies collect usage information, such as the date and time of the visit to the website, the type of end device and the IP address of your end device. Cookies also enable us to track how you used the website.
7.3 Third-party cookies
The cookies stored on your computer or mobile end device, or corresponding technologies originate from a service provider, or third parties engaged by the service provider, such as further service providers.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, with your browser setting you can tell your browser not to accept cookies or to ask you before a cookie is accepted from a site you are visiting. You can also delete cookies on your computer or mobile end device by selecting the corresponding function in your browser. If you decide not to accept or disable cookies, you may still use the website, but you may not be able to see certain information or use some features that are intended to improve your experience.
8. Storage period and data erasure
Your Application Data are stored and processed for as long as is necessary in order to achieve the purposes for which they were collected (see Section 5 above). Once the application process is completed, we will keep your personal data for a maximum period as defined by applicable laws and regulations in regard to the retention of data you submit to us. After the maximum period has ended, your personal data will either be anonymized or deleted from our database.
9. What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You have certain rights with regard to your Application Data that we process so that you are able to control or influence our processing of your data:
You have the right at any time to receive information in writing and, as a basic principle, free of charge about your Application Data that we process.
You can demand at any time and free of charge that we rectify, complete or update your Application Data if that data would otherwise be incorrect.
9.3 Objection and erasure:
You may demand at any time that we no longer process your Application Data and that we erase it, if we are not legally obliged to process or retain it and if the data is not required in order to complete the application process.
9.4 Withdrawal of consent:
Where we process your Application Data on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw that at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to withdrawal.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact us as follows:
For requests for access by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. How can we change this Privacy Statement?
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. The version published on the website shall apply in each case.